[EnergyPlus_Support] simulation time step

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to reproduce some experimental data on a free floating building
with an Energy Plus simulation.
I see that using different time steps (10m, 15m, 30m and 1h) produces
different results.

So I wonder if there is some general consideration that can be used in the
choice of the proper time step,
besides the one I found on EP manual (15 minutes for a simulation without
HVAC and 10m for a simulation with HVAC).

Besides this, I wonder what is the meaning of a simulation with a time step
shorter than 1h, if the weather data time step is 1h.

I would appreciate your help.
Thank you

Adriana Angelotti