Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulation time step

Adriana:

The interpolation method is described on p. 606 of the Input Output
Reference.

If you wish to use shorter time steps but want to override the
standard interpolation scheme, you could make a custom weather file
using subhourly weather data.  If the frequency of your weather file
matches the zone time step, then no interpolation will occur.  You
should be able to verify this by reporting at the timestep frequency.

One other detail, weather is interpolated only at the zone time step
level.  For the HVAC time steps, which can be shorter than the zone
time step, no further interpolation is done.  For example if the zone
time step is 15 minutes, and the HVAC time step drops to five
minutes, then the same outdoor conditions will be used for three
consecutive HVAC time steps.

Mike

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM