Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] New HVAC problem

Dear Mike and Isidor,

thank you very much for your help. After following all your comments I got
my model running. One big problem were different mass flow rates for the
components. It took me a lot of time to figure that point out.

Kind regards

Franz

To get rid of the DX coil warnings, two changes need to be made:

1) Increase the DX coil nominal flow rate to from 1.26 to 2.0 m3/s
and the nominal capacity by the same proportion to 40000W

2) Change the "Supply Air Fan Operation Mode" field on the DX coil to
be "ContFanCycComp"

This system is using the DXSystem:AirLoop construct which must use
continuous fan when the system is active (Input Output Reference, p.
505, we should make that requirement more obvious).  For cycling fan
operation, one of the Furnace of Unitary System objects must be used
instead.

There is still a control issue, but I have not pinpointed it yet.

Mike

On 14 Feb 2003, at 16:45, Isidor Giglmayr wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I had a look at Franzs model and turned off the heating, so that there
> was just the cooling option on. So I got the failure
>
> ** Warning ** COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical "MAIN COOLING COIL
> ZONE001" - Air volume flow rate per watt of rated total cooling
> capacity is out of range
>
> too. Looking at all his nodes, I couldn't find anything which could be
> wrong as Mike mentioned in the mornig. In former days there was a
> mismatch but we had corrected this for him - you remember. Also
> changing the rate of cooling capacity didn't make a real difference.
> Sometimes you get more or less warnings, depending on the rate.
>
> For me it seems that the error occours the first time when the cooling
> starts operating. I run different clima files with the same idf-file
> from Franz and got only the mentioned error message when cooling was
> needed.
>
> Does anybody know if AUTOSIZING could help in Franzs case to solve his
> problem?
>
> So have a nice weekend
>
> Isidor

> I have had some problems with this warning if the inlet conditions are
> too warm.  The EnergyPlus loops are mass flow calculated on initial
> standard air conditions.  If you have a very hot zone and turn on a dx
> cooling that normally works fine, the volume flow for mass flow at
> high temp can exceed the unit design rate.
>
> Is there a time table for integrating real fans with constant volume
> to replace simple fans with constant mass flow?
>
> Ned Lyon
>
> Senior Staff Engineer
> Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
>
> 41 Seyon Street
> Building #1, Suite 500
> Waltham, MA  02453
>
> Phone:  781-907-9000
> Fax:  781-907-9009

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FpY02D/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM