[EnergyPlus_Support] Building Overhangs

Dear Mike and Edward,

Thanks for the advice. My model is similar to the 3rd sketch by Mike, and I
have so far been describing the model as Mike has suggested, a rood surface
until the external wall, and an external shading surface that does not
transfer heat to the interior zone.

However, since my roof construction (for a tropical climate) is of
substantial thermal mass, I was concerned with the horizontal heat flow in
the roof (with large overhangs) that might affect the interior zone.

Edward has suggested seperate 2D thermal modelling for the roof (using
THERM) to circumvent the problem, and I was wondering if there are any
similar strategies that I can use in E+? (Since I don't have support in
using THERM)

Also, what is the difference between the 3 mentioned types of detached
shading surfaces?

Thanks guys!

Cheers
HUANG Yi Chun