Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Capacity Limit

Alexander:

The only way I can think of to limit cooling capacity is to use a
chilled water system.  A fan coil unit would probably be the easiest.
 Use purchased chilled water to serve the chilled water supply loop,
because it has a fixed capacity limit.  When the limit is reached,
the chilled water temperature will rise above setpoint and limit the
total cooling which can be delivered to the space.  There is some lag
in the chilled water loop, so you may see some small variations in
cooling capacity when the system is at the limit, but this is the
closest thing I can think of.

Mike

On 5 Mar 2003, at 9:50, Alexander Beisteiner wrote:

> Dear E+ User
> I would like to limit the cooling and heating capacity of a system. On
> the one hand, applying an electric baseboard heater, the nominal
> capacity can be limited. On the other hand, in the case of a DX
> cooling coil, the rated capacity refers to design conditions but the
> effective capacity at a time step (output variable) can be beyond the
> rated one, as Ned and Don already mentioned in an earlier mail. What
> system allows specifying a cooling capacity limit that cannot be
> exceeded in the simulation run?
>
> I am looking forward to your response.
> Alexander
>
> _______________________________________
> DI (FH) Alexander Beisteiner
> Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
>
> Forschungs- und Technologietransfer Pinkafeld GmbH
> Steinamangerstraße 21
> A - 7423 Pinkafeld
> Tel.: +43-3357-45370 DW 1324
> Fax.: +433357-45370 DW 1010

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM