Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] sunlit area too large

Sunlit area too large warnings sometimes indicate that there is a
problem with your geometry.  Turn on "report, surfaces, details" and
verify that all surfaces are facing in the proper direction.  Check
especially for horizontal surfaces that may be upside down.  For
future reference, please let me know what you find.

Mike

On 18 Mar 2003, at 21:40, zhaicq98 wrote:

<snip>

> Another problem I encountered is when I tried to simulate a glass
> curtain wall, I got an error message which said sunlit area too large.
> I had a wall which was 14m high, and I made a large window (13.8m
> high) on it. I tried to make the window a little smaller (12.5m high)
> and I also tried to split the large window into three small ones, but
> in both cases I still got this error message.
>
> Can anyone give me some hints on these two questions?
>
> Thank you,
> Chaoqin

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx