Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Warning messages for running 3zvent.idf

The warnings are just informative and do not reflect any impact on
results.

To get rid of "orphan objects" warnings, just delete the listed
objects.  The objects are not used in this simulation and are not
needed.

To get rid of the zone origin warning, set the zone origins to
(0,0,0).  Changing to relative coordinates with the current zone
origins would alter the geometry of the building.

Mike

On 27 Mar 2003, at 4:08, waspoorboy wrote:

> Dear EnergyPlus users,
> When I run the 3zvent.idf, there will be 6 warnings.
> I can fix the first four by filling values and defaults.
> But for the following two warnings, I need help.
> ----
> Should I change all zone origins to (0,0,0) to correct the warning, or
> should I change the Coordinate System to "relative" in SurfaceGeometry
> ? How about the "Orphan Objects" ? =====Thanks=====
>

> Program Version,EnergyPlus 1.0.3.019, 3/26/2003 9:57 PM
>    ** Warning ** World Coordinate System selected.  Some Zone Origins
> are non-zero.
>    **   ~~~   ** These will be used in Daylighting:Detailed
> calculations but not in normal geometry inputs.
>    ************* Initializing COMIS Solution
>    ************* Testing Individual Branch Integrity
>    ************* All Branches passed integrity testing
>    ************* No node connection errors were found.
>    ** Warning ** The following lines are "Orphan Objects".  These
> objects are in the idf
>    **   ~~~   **  file but are never obtained by the simulation and
> therefore are NOT used.
>    **   ~~~   **  See InputOutputReference document for more details.
>    ************* Object=CROSS MIXING=WEST_ZONE *************
>    Object=INFILTRATION=EAST_ZONE ************* EnergyPlus Completed
>    Successfully-- 2 Warning; 0
> Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 18sec

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx