Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problems with building shape

At 11:35 AM 4/16/2003, Alberto Hernandez Neto wrote:

>Dear E+ users,
>
>I would like toknow if it si possible to insert a building which sahpe is
>not rectangular or triangular.

Buildings can be almost any shape.  However surfaces which make up the
building need to be triangular or convex 4 sided polygons.   (Windows must
be triangular or rectangular).

>Besides, I would like to know if there is any software available to view
>if the building input into E+ is correct?

One of the outputs of EnergyPlus is a "DXF report" -- there are several
free of charge software available that can show the DXF output and you will
get a good idea about whether the geometry has been input correctly.  (Ref:
FAQ Reference on this same subject).

>Last thing: I tried to dowload the E+ documentation and I got an error
>message saying there is a problem with the files.could you help me with that?

Did you install the software -- all the documentation is available
there.  If you downloaded from the web, make sure that you are using the
Acrobat 5 reader (or above).  Earlier versions of the reader will not read
the PDF files.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list