[EnergyPlus_Support]

Two questions...

1/ Can DXF geometry be imported back into Energy Plus to determine vertices? I am planning to simulate a building of very large scale and this would hopefully avoid difficulties with orientation and reduce input time.

2/ Documentation suggests that Full Exterior solar distribution be used if zones are not convex but I have had no apparent difficulties using a "concave" zone with Full Interior and Exterior aside from a few warning messages. I am also apprehensive about assuming all transmitted beam solar goes to the floor when surface temperature is being looked at and don't want to simplify zones if it isn't necessary. Is the Full Interior and Exterior option significantly inaccurate in this instance? Shouldn't the warning messages be severe if this is the case? I look forward to your responses.

Sam Roose
Victoria University of Wellington, N.Z.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/VygGAA/dkFolB/TM