Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Illumination data calculation

At 09:25 PM 4/20/2003, Stephen K Wittkopf wrote:
>I appreciate the development of E+ in particular the efforts to include
>illumination data, such as:
>1) global horizontal illuminance
>2) direct normal illuminance
>3) zenith luminance

Note that these are not currently used by the EnergyPlus program.

>I would like to know how you calculate these data given a DOE-2 file. I
>refer to your WheatherDataInformation.pdf: 'The processor makes the
>calculations necessary for interpolating data (when data is missing) and
>calculates
>the illumination data...'.
>I have searched your auxiliaryprograms.pdf but havn't found how the
>calculation is done.

On this question.  I will have to look at the doc.  Somewhere along the way
we decided not to "calculate" most sky parametric data because there were
too many "models", among other things, to choose from.  So, we don't fill
in any missing data for those values.  We do accept data in those fields
and convert them to proper units.  However, this data (also noted above) is
not currently used in EnergyPlus.  Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team