Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fan Coil Output

Chaoqin:

The fan coil output variables "Fan Coil Heating Energy", "Fan Coil
Total Cooing Energy", etc., is calculated based on the difference
between the supply air temperature and the zone air temperature and
includes the impact of outside air.  So, if there is outside air, and
it is cooling outside than in the zone, "cooling" will be reported
even though the cooling coil is not operating.  For your comparisons,
I suggest setting the outside air to zero.  Also, remember that the
fan heat is included here as well.  You can set it to zero (by
setting the pressure rise to zero) or remember to account for it in
your energy balance.

To report the operation of the cooling and heating coils, use the
coil report variables:

Total Water Cooling Coil Energy
Total Water Heating Coil Energy

Mike

On 21 Apr 2003, at 14:30, zhaicq98 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are two problems I met when I tried to output the cooling and
> heating energy for each fan coil unit.
>
> 1. I used FanCoil.idf in the example file folder but I made the fan
> available schedule to be 7am-5pm all year round. I left the heating
> and cooling coil as well as the fan coil unit available schedule the
> same as what they are in the example file. Then I got something
> strange when I ouput the Fan Coil Heating Energy and Fan Coil Total as
> well as Sensible Cooling Energy for each fan coil unit. In the winter
> design day, the total and sensible cooling energy is not zero during
> unoccupied hours. Then I looked at the fan oulet node temperature and
> cooling coil outlet temperature, but there are exactly the same during
> these hours. Is it due to the difference between fan, coils and fan
> coil unit available schedules? Must these schedules the same as each
> other?
>
> 2. I used my E+ input file, which includes a fan coil unit in each
> controlled zone and purchased cooling and heating as the chilled and
> hot water source, similar to the example file FanCoilAutoSize.idf, and
> I output the Fan Coil Heating Energy and Fan Coil Total Cooling Energy
> for each unit as well as PurchasedCooling:Facility and
> PurchasedHeating:Facility. I expected that the sum of Fan Coil Heating
> Energy should be the same as PurchasedHeating:Facility in each hour,
> but it is not. I do not know what the reason is. I have no cooling and
> heating usage except for the fan coil unit.
>
> Please can anyone give me some help?
>
> Thanks,
> Chaoqin

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx