Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Glycol properties

At 02:10 PM 4/28/2003, pgrho wrote:
>I try to set up a quite simple building model to test the effects of
>different heating techniques on comfort, energy consumption and
>monetary effects.
>
>The first model should just include purchased (heating) water to
>supply a floor layer. When introducing a LOW TEMP RADIANT
>SYSTEM:HYDRONIC model I need to define the thermodynamic properties of
>the water via
>
>   FluidNames,
>     Water,  !- fluid name 1
>     GLYCOL;  !- type of fluid for fluid name 1
>
>   FluidPropertyTemperatures,
>     GlycolTemperatures,  !- temperature list name
>     -35,  !- temperature 1
>
>   FluidPropertyConcentration,
>     Water,  !- fluid name (ethylene glycol, etc.)
>     SPECIFICHEAT,  !- fluid property type
>     GlycolTemperatures,  !- temperatures list name
>     0.0,  !- concentration {percentage (as a rea}
>     0.0,  !- property value 1
>
>if I understood the system correctly. But when doing so I receive lots of
>
>    ** Warning ** GetSpecificHeatGlycol: Concentration is out of range
>for glycol specific heat **
>
>that I cannot interpret. Any pointers, please? I did not get any idea
>by scanning the docs.

Peter,

   Not sure how much I know about these but you can find an example set of
FluidProperties in the datasets folder/directory.  Hopefully, that will
supply you with a valid glycol properties example (as should any of the
example files that say hydronic low temp).

   The glycol inputs are described starting approximately page 657 of the
Input Output Reference.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list