[EnergyPlus_Support] Cooling with Purchased Air

Dear E+ team,

I am currently doing some simple simulations with EnergyPlus, and have some problems with the cooling part. While the heating part runs fine and brings the temperatures up to my termostat settings, the cooling does not seem to have any impact at all. Curiously, running the PurchAir example (and outputting only outdoor dry bulb and mean air temperature) seems to show similar effects: the cooling does not bring the (mean air) temperature down to design levels.

I've tried to minimize internal heat production and reduced the cooling supply air temperature to a minimum, but all to no avail. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong?

Sincerely yours,

Pieter de Wilde

>   ir P.J.C.J. de Wilde
>   E-mail: P.deWilde@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Phone:  +31 15 276 35 20
  Fax:      +31 15 276 30 22

>   TNO Building and Construction Research (TNO Bouw)
>   Department of Sustainable Energy and Buildings (DEG)
>
>   van Mourik Broekmanweg 6
>   P.O.Box 49
>   2600 AA Delft
>   The Netherlands