Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Building geometry modification

Other options to consider:

1.  If you have a DOE-2 graphical interface, there is a DOE-2
translator with EnergyPlus that will convert most DOE-2.1E envelope
objects (but not all).  Test is with a small building first to be
sure it will do what you need.

2.  Again, if you have a DOE-2 graphical interface, DrawBDL (a third-
party utility) can generate EnergyPlus surface objects.

3.  Can the model be simplified without compromising the thermal
results?  Combining similar zones and/or surfaces to reduce the total
number of objects can be a great time saves and help reduce the
chance for error.

Mike

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx