Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Building geometry modification

Rajendra,

You could try the IFCtoIDF translator that converts the building
geometry in CAD drawings saved in IFC format into IDF format (see
http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/ifc.html).  This is
still a beta product, but it would allow you to draw your building and
make changes in CAD and then more easily transfer these changes to
EnergyPlus.  You would need to do some manual editing of the IDF to
change Construction types of the envelope elements.  The IFCtoIDF
utility is included as part of the EnergyPlus download and can be
installed by checking the IFCtoIDF checkbox during installation.  Note
that you should then download the update of this utility from the
EnergyPlus Support website at the URL below.

Rob Hitchcock
==============
Rajendra Adhikari wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> We are simulating a large building with more than 900 walls and
> windows. If
> we want to make a change in the geometry of any building component e.g.
> walls or windows, every time we have to modify the 12 coordinates of the
> corresponding component. For example if one wants to make a change in a
> window, he has to define in  idf  file new coordinates (xyz)  as 4 points
> corresponding to the position of component, which is a tedious process,
> particularly when we have a large number of windows and walls.
>
> Anybody can suggest relatively simpler method?
> Is there already exist any graphical interface for describing the
> building
> geometry (similar to DOE2.0)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rajendra
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> click here
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=30504&media=atkins>

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM