Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] If there's no surface between two zones.

You are correct.  If there is no surface defined, there will be no
exchange between the two zones.  CROSS MIXING is a good solution for
this case.  The difficult thing it to determine what the flow rate
should be for CROSS MIXING.  I would recommend trying a range of
values to determine how sensitive the results are to this value.

I do not know of a way to model an air curtain in EnergyPlus.

Mike

On 23 Jul 2003, at 20:46, waspoorboy wrote:

> For example, a shopping mall has two HVAC systems. One serves the
> north half of the mall, the other serves the south half of the mall.
> The two control thermostats, one in the north zone, the other in the
> south zone, respectively. There is actually no surface between the
> north and south zone. If I didn't define a surface between two zones,
> EnergyPlus will assume no heat transfer between the two zones, am I
> correct ? In the real mall, however, there will be heat transfer
> between the north and south zone. Is CROSS MIXING the typical solution
> to this ?
>
> If the main entrance of the mall has air curtain, can I model the air
> curtain in EnergyPlus ? Thanks a lot.

> ---------------------~--> Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties
> at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40 Naturally Painless Spray, Coral
> Calcium, No Snore, EZ Appetite Suppressant.
> http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2882
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/yoMABA/ruYGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx