Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] MRT higher than MAT

It is quite reasonable to see such temperatures.  MRT is a weighted
average of the inside surface temperatures.  Most likely during mid-
day the roof is hot from the sun, and this will raise the MRT in the
space.  Because the thermal mass of the surfaces cools more slowly
than the room air in the evening, the surfaces will be warmer than
the room air.

Mike

On 4 Aug 2003, at 19:22, olvera_phd wrote:

> In SummerDesignDay my DB Temp is between 23° and 35°C
> The Zone Mear Air Temp Ranges betwwen 24°and 33°
> But my MRT ranges between 26°and 29°
>
>   How can this be.
>   I would suppose that the clothing, and metabolism would increase the
>   Comfort Temp. But some how the Comfort Temp, at the hottest moment
> of the day, is below the Mean Air Temp inside the zone.
>   My Model only has Natural Ventilation.
>
>   Couldsome one help me understand this?
>
>  By the way; Thanks for yor previous help!!!!
>
>  HAOA

> ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
> HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
> $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx