Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Segmentation fault when requesting variable dictionary

It is insteresting that the linux version does not crash without the
report variable dictionary.  The windows version crashes with and
without that command.  The crash is happening in the
WATERHEATER:SIMPLE module.  This model requires node names for all
nodes, even ones that are not used.  You will get warnings about node
connection errors for these two nodes.  These warnings may be
ignored, or you can make a dummy loop with a branch that serves these
dummy nodes.

Mike

On 8 Aug 2003, at 11:55, P. Roosen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> when trying to obtain a report variable dictionary for our input IDF
> file (uploaded as roosen.idf.gz to the group's file section) we get
> segmentation faults. Not requesting the dictionary leaves the IDF file
> operable. The calculations are performed in conjunction with the
> weather file DEU_Dusseldorf_IWEC.epw
>
> The SegFaults occur at different reported posisitions when processing
> the IDF file on different machines, but at identical places in
> different runs on the same machine.
>
> We use the Version 1.1.0.018 - Linux on either an older SuSE or a
> contemporary Debian Woody system with memory sizes of more than 370 MB
> on either machine and definitely enough swap space.
>
> Any pointer to what might go wrong with our simulation would really be
> appreciated!
>
>  Peter Roosen
> --
> goethe GbR               Vollmer & Roosen GbR     Dr. Peter Roosen
> www.goethe-gbr.de        www.linguadapt.de        www.peter-roosen.com
> Tel. ++49 241 7091525    Tel. ++49 2451 971437    Tel. ++49 241
> 7091524 Fax  ++49 241 7091521    Fax  ++49 2451 971439    Fax  ++49
> 241 7091521
>
> Der Tourenplaner-zu-Routenkonverter: http://www.gps-route.com
> Die öffentliche GPS-Wegpunktedatenbank: http://www.gpspunkte.de
> Internetgestützte Aphasietherapie: http://www.linguadapt.de/sh
> Vergleichen Sie ihre Firma: http://innoscan.duisburg.ihk.de
> Energietechnische Kostenfunktionen: http://kfserver.kaiserstadt.de
>
> privat: 50.7383 N, 6.0427 E

> ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
> HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
> $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx