RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Latitude parameter in PV module

It works OK here.  I ran the same inputs with Chicaog and Phoenix
weather data and got different results.  The eplus.def file is a list
of defaults and it does not reflect what is actually used for the
TRNSYS run.  To see the listing from the actual TRNSYS run, see the
.trn output file in the same folder with the other EnergyPlus outputs
for your run.  Search for "latitude" and the trn file will list all
of the parameters for the location that was used.

If you find that the location data is changing in the trn file but
you are still getting the same PV power output, check the inverter
capacity.  If it is too small, then it will choke the power output
such that different locations might produce the same amount of power.
 But the number of hours of daylight would be different, so this
might not be the issue.

Mike

On 4 Sep 2003, at 15:11, Miguel Angel Pascual wrote:

> Dear Linda,
>
> I have already changed the latitude in the weather file (N2 field in
> location object) and I still get the same PV electrical production. I
> don't know if this is right: I have checked the Eplus.def file in the
> "trnsyspv" directory and the LAT column in the radiation processor is
> always 43.1. Do you know what's going on?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support