Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Consumption equation

It is difficult to reduce the problem to a simple equation.  In your
representation the pump efficiency is misplaced.  The pump adds heat to the
loop between the radiant system and the boiler.  So, in your terms, the
equation would be:

Consumption = [(total heat loss - total heat gain)/radiant system efficiency -
pump heat]/boiler efficiency

Mike

On 23 Jan 2004, at 8:50, meig81 wrote:

> On 21 Jan 2004, at 15:26, meig81 wrote:
>
> > Could you write me the general equation EnergyPlus uses to calculate
> > fuel consumption?
> > I didn't find it into Engeneering Reference.
> > Thank you very much,
> > Ale
> >

> ------------------------------------
>
> Are you asking for a specific type of equipment?
>
> -------------------------------------
> I want to know in that way energyplus holds account of the efficiency
> of the boiler,radiant system, pump .......and so on.
> For being clearer about my question:
> Consumption = (Total heat loss - Total heat gain)/(boiler efficiency
> * radiant system efficiency * pump efficiency)
> is it quite correct?

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

>  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
>  Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: