Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] electric energy consumptions do not line up

Are you using zone multipliers?  Or do you have multiple electric equipment
objects in the same zone?

There is a known bug related to multiple electric equipment objects in version
1.1.1 (CR 6036):

If there are multiple ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT objects in the same zone on the same
end-use, the report variable for "Catnn Electric Eq-Consumption" shows up
multiple times and the energy is overcounted on the meters.  For example, if 3
objects in ZONE1 are on Category 01, there will be three occurences of
"ZONE1:Cat01 Electric Eq-Consumption[J]" in the eso file, and it shows three
times on each applicable meter in the mtd file.  Each occurence will report the
total consumption for all three objects.  The meters will incorrectly total all
three occurences of these, so for 3 objects, the meters will report 3 times the
correct value.

This problem has been fixed for the next release, version 1.2.0.  You can check
the meter details (mtd) output file to see exactly what is being reported on
each meter.  If you are using multiple electric equipment objects in the same
zone, you can work around this problem by setting each one to a different end
use category.

Mike

On 22 Jan 2004, at 14:49, Ian Doebber wrote:

> The total electrical equipment energy consumption in each zone of my program do
> not line up at all with the total electric energy consumption calculated in the
> meter reports.  The electric meter report is always some integer multiple larger
> then what is outputed for the electric equipment.  For instance, the electric
> meter for my basement zone reports an energy consumption exactly 3 times bigger
> then reported by the electric equipment consumed in the basement.  For two other
> zones, the interger multiple is exactly 5 and 7.  Why is this happening?
> Shouldn't the meter and equipment electric consumption be the exact same.
>
> Thanks
> Ian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

>  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
>  Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: