[EnergyPlus_Support] infiltration sensibly cools house in summer

Analyzing my summer component loads for Atlanta GA, I discover that the net sensible effect of infiltration is negative.  In other words, infiltration sensibly overall cools my house during the summer.  The infiltration latent effect is as it should be, adding heat into the house.  When I view pre-existing data on summer infiltration effects on homes the reported effect is that it heats the house.  I am wondering if anyone else has had resultant data showing sensible cooling effect of infiltration during the summer and that the published summer effects of infiltration adds the latent and sensible infiltration effects together to get a rough estimate of the overall infiltration effect during the summer.

If the published data adds latent and sensible infiltration effects during the summer, then is this the same process used for winter infiltration effects or does only the sensible infiltration effect get reported since the latent load is insignificant during the winter.

Thanks
Ian

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: