Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] performance curves of York units

Excel can curve fit any form of an equation using the LINEST function if you
creat extra columns of data to represent the non-linear terms.  For example, to
curve-fit a bi-quadratic, z=A+Bx+Cx2+Dy+Ey2+Fxy, make six columns of data in
Excel containing values for x, x2, y, y2, xy, and z.  Then use LINEST to
curvefit z vs. the other five columns.

Another user suggested using DOE-2 to do the curve fit.  If you do that, you
have to be very careful about units conversions.  You would need to enter the
values as SI values in the DOE-2 curve fit command.

Mike

On 25 Feb 2004, at 12:46, Edward Lyon wrote:

> I think you may need the math power of MathCad to do a biquadratic easily,
> otherwise you will need to program a solution yourself.
>
> Ned Lyon
>
> Senior Project Manager
> Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
>
> 41 Seyon Street
> Building #1, Suite 500
> Waltham, MA  02453
>
> Phone:  781-907-9000
> Fax:  781-907-9009

> yes, excel do a good job for quadratic curve .... but the
> biquadratic?????????
>
> if you are able to make biquadratric (f(x,y)) curve with, tell me how ...
>
> david
>

> >From: ÕŹâÓñ <zh_guangyu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: dcormier81@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] performance curves of York units
> >Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:55:01 +0800 (CST)
> >
> >if you can input the data into excell work sheet, then it is easy to find the
> >vurve. by using curve fitting, you quickly get the curve

> MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous !
> http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
> Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
> Click Here
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

>  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
>  Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.