RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] more then 1 return air node in a zone (more then 1system in a zone)

The primary question is why model this as five units?  If there are five
rooftop units serving one common space, then my approach would be to model them
as one large unit serving one zone.  What information do you hope to gain by
modeling this as five units?

Mike

On 25 Feb 2004, at 13:04, Edward Lyon wrote:

> I don't think that there is the same limit on Mixing objects as there
> are for CrossMixing, you just have to use more
>
> Ned Lyon
>
> Senior Project Manager
> Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
>
> 41 Seyon Street
> Building #1, Suite 500
> Waltham, MA  02453
>
> Phone:  781-907-9000
> Fax:  781-907-9009

> I think that we can't put more then one cross mixing object by zone
> (we need at minimum 2 cross mixing object by zone)
>
> I need a method to model many zone outlet
>
> david
>

> >From: "Griffith, Brent" <brent_griffith@xxxxxxxx>
> >To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] more then 1 return air node in a
> zone
> >(more then 1 system in a zone)
> >Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:05:31 -0700
> >
> >It sounds like you will want to divide your single zone into five
> seperate
> >zones.  You don't need to use actual walls to seperate the zones but
> the
> >floor and ceiling surfaces should conform to the thermal zones.  If
> you
> >want to account for some mixing of air between adjacent zones you can
> use
> >Cross Mixing objects.

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.