Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Construction of Curtain Wall with Openable Windows

Hi, Edward:

Thnanks for your advice. But this is not my point right now.

I just want to know how to define the construction of curtain wall with window. I am not sure about it what is the correct materials. I can not find in the library.

Could anybody tell me how to define the construction?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

David Tian

Edward Lyon <eglyon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Probably the simplest way to model detailed window properties is to
create your windows using WINDOW 5 and THERM 5.  You can then use the E+
import link for WINDOW output.

The COMIS infiltration model will allow you to open windows on some
type of schedule.  However, you need to be aware that COMIS ventilation
and any mechanical system ventilation you model are not integrated.  I
also don't think you can easily write a schedule that says something
like I will open the windows until my zone goes out of temperature set
point at which time I will close the windows and turn on the AC.   The
automatic controls available to you seem to be designed for a type of
automated window operation using temperature and energy considerations.
I did not see any links in the programs that would transfer control to a
mechanical system if conditions go out of range.  I have recently
considered such a model and concluded that I would have to do a lot of
manual scheduling and several trial runs to refine the schedule.

The current COMIS link is nice, but I expect there are others who are
also waiting for further refinements in the integration of COMIS and
mechanical ventilation systems.

Ned Lyon

Senior Project Manager
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.

41 Seyon Street
Building #1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA  02453

Phone:  781-907-9000
Fax:  781-907-9009

>>> tianzhen9@xxxxxxxxx 3/23/2004 2:46:28 PM >>>
Hi, all:

Could you tell me that how can I model the curtain wall with openable
windows?

How can I define the layers of construction? Using the window glass
material?
How can I defien the divider between glazing?
How can I defien the openrable windows within the curtain wall?

Is there anybody can me a example file in .idf or .idd format ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

David Tian

Do you Yahoo!?

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

-- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of
the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:

-- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.