Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] modelling zones with similar conditions & several types of electr. equipment

1.  Specify the outside environment as OtherZoneSurface and set the surface to
see itself.  For example, the outside face enviornment object for Wall1 is
Wall1.  See p. 99-100 of the Input Output Reference.  This surface will be
adiabatic but it will add thermal mass to the zone.

2.  You may use multiple equipment and lights object in a given zone.  However,
there is a bug in version 1.1.1 for electric Equipment.  You must assign each
electric equipment object in a given zone to a different end use. For example,
in Zone 1, assign the first electric equipment object to end use category 1,
and put the sedon electric equipment object on  end use category 2.  If you do
not follow this rule, the equipment load will be double counted on the electric
meters.

Mike

On 5 Apr 2004, at 16:26, g_kokogiannakis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I actually have 2 questions:
>
> - I have many similar zones (offices) next to each other which have
> more or less the same conditions (temp.. humidity, e.t.c.). I do not
> want to create a model with all of them but I just want to create
> only one zone and for the environment of the (partition) surface
> which is next to a similar zone I want to say that the conditions are
> the same as in the zone I am modelling. I found only a way to specify
> temperature conditions (OtherSideCoefficients) but there should be
> probably a way to specify the other conditions as well. Any ideas?
>
> - In a room with several types of electrical equipment (they have
> different operating schedules as well as different radiant fractions)
> do these have to be, somehow lumped together into one ELECTRIC
> EQUIPMENT entry or can multiple ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT entries be
> associated with a single zone?
> A similar question regarding LIGHTS - if there are two types of
> light fixtures in a zone (say low voltage task lighting and ceiling
> mounted flrs). Must these be lumped together or it there an
> alternative definition method that does not show up in the example
> models or the I/O reference?
> Is it correct to create a new object for the same zone to specify
> these different kinds of equipment and lights (seems it works like
> this)?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Georgios

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

>  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
>  Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.