Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] report

The surface inside face heat balance consists of conduction, radiation, and
convection, and these must sum to zero.  Your original question tried to relate
surface inside face conduction to zone load.  In a forced air HVAC system, the
load is entirely based on the convective gains to the zone air, the thermostat
senses zone air temperature and the system acts upon the zone air.  So load,
Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling or Heating, is calculated by adding the convective
gains from the surfaces plus convective gains from lights, people, and
equipment.  I see now that you were also trying to compare to "Zone/Sys
Sensible Load Predicted".  That is an approximate load, you should use Zone/Sys
Sensible Cooling Energy (or Heating).

Mike

On 8 Apr 2004, at 11:36, Ian Doebber wrote:

> Shouldn't the "Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction" be equal to the amount of
> heat flux entering a zone combining the convection and radiation.  I thought
> that using "SurfaceInsideTemperature - ZoneAir Temperature) * SurfaceArea *
> SurfaceInsideConvectionCoefficient" just accounted for the convective effect on
> the zone.  I thought the heat flux infinitesimally inside the wall surface
> should be equal to the heat flux to or from the zone.  Am I wrong in this
> assumption.  Does the SurfaceInsideConvectionCoefficient incorporate the
> radiation and convective heat transfer.
>
> Thanks
> Ian

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.