Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EnergyPlus Version 1.2 Now Available

You can install V 1.2 directly on top of the existing
previously installed version.  The setup looks to
see whether an existing version of EnergyPlus
is already installed and asks whether you want
to back it up (and puts the older version in a
new folder called backup).

                      ingdallolio
                      <ingdallolio@yaho        To:       EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      o.com>                   cc:
                                               Subject:  [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EnergyPlus Version 1.2
                      04/16/2004 01:40          Now Available
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Suppor

I haven't find any info about installation of Version 1.2 when  V.
1.1 is already in the hard disk ? do I need to unistall 1.1 first ?
can I install on top of 1.1 ? do I need to chage directory ?
Thanks Andrea.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Drury.Crawley@e... wrote:
> EnergyPlus Version 1.2.0 Now Available
>
> The newest version of EnergyPlus (1.2.0) was released on April 9,
2004 and
> is now available in versions for both the Windows and Linux
operating
> systems (a version for Macintosh OSX is planned to be available
within a
> few days).  You can download EnergyPlus at no cost from the
EnergyPlus web
> site: www.energyplus.gov  .
>
> What's New in EnergyPlus V 1.2.0
>
> A few of the new features are listed below?see
> www.energyplus.gov/features.html for a complete list of new
features added
> in this and previous versions:
> - Displacement ventilation
> - Bi-directional daylight calculations using radiosity for complex
> fenestration
> - Latent capacity degradation on cooling coils
> - Demand-controlled ventilation
> - Building integrated PV and solar thermal systems
> - HVAC system diagramming tool
> - Calculate environmental impacts (greenhouse and precursor gases,
criteria
> pollutants) from electricity and fuel use
>
> Update on User Interfaces?
>
> A number of graphical user interfaces for EnergyPlus are under
development.
> Two (DesignBuilder, EPlusInterface) are currently available in
development
> (beta) versions while the third (E+IEQ) should be available in
2005. Watch
> this web page (www.energyplus.gov/ep_interfaces.html ) for up-to-
date
> information on these and other interfaces.
>
> A number of utilities and tools for creating, editing, and running
input
> files come with EnergyPlus, including IDF Editor, EP-Launch,
IFCtoIDF, and
> HVAC-Diagram (see www.energyplus.gov/ep_utilities.html ). Third
party tools
> for creating, editing, and displaying EnergyPlus input files are
also
> available, including DrawBDL, EcoTect, Green Building Studio,
EzDrawPlus,
www.energyplus.gov/third_party_tools.html for
> more information.
>
> What's going on in V1.2.0?
>
>       Will there be any considerable difference between version
1.2.0 and
> 1.1.1?
>
>       Yes.... and no. There are a number of new features and bug
fixes.

>       How about IDF and IDD? Do they remain unchanged?
>
>       There will be some changes in the IDD and reflected in IDFs.
>       Particularly for any new features, there will be new objects.
>
>       Is version 1.2.0 backward compatible? Can I run a v1.1.1 file
in v
> 1.2.0?
>
>       For the most part, the answer is yes. Some report variables
have
>       changed names. To be sure, you can execute the transition
program
>       that will "transition" IDFs from V1.1.1 to V1.2.0. You can
also view
>       the ObjectStatus spreadsheet in the root folder of the
installed
>       version. This file has detailed explanations of changes to the
>       objects.
>
> EnergyPlus Weather Data
>
> We have just republished the entire weather data set on the
EnergyPlus web

www.energyplus.gov/weatherdata/international/FRA_Paris.Orly_IWEC.stat

> If you have weather data that you'd be willing to share with other
> EnergyPlus users, please contact the EnergyPlus team.
>

> EnergyPlus_Support Email Group at YahooGroups
>
> Want to learn about EnergyPlus or ask questions of other EnergyPlus
users?
> Join more than 500 EnergyPlus users in an email group on
YahooGroups.  This
> email group is intended to foster discussion as well as maintain an
archive
> of information for EnergyPlus users.  In the files area, you can
download
> or upload files to share with other users. Suggestions for
improvements to
> EnergyPlus as well as questions about EnergyPlus are welcome.  This
group
> does not replace the primary support email address of
> EnergyPlus-Support@g...
>
>       The main page for the group is:
>       groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support
>
>       To subscribe, send an email message to:
>       EnergyPlus_Support-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>       If you hate to receive email, you can edit your YahooGroup
membership
> to only send
>       a daily digest of messages.
>

> Building Energy Simulation User News
>
> Want to keep up to date on EnergyPlus? Subscribe to the bi-monthly
> electronic newsletter for users of EnergyPlus, DOE-2, BLAST,
Genopt, SPARK,
> Energy-10, and Building Design Advisor.   See
> simulationresearch.lbl.gov/un.html
>

> BLDG-SIM
>
> Join the free e-mail list for users of all building energy
simulation
> programs. Ask other knowledgeable simulation program users your
> questions--about EnergyPlus and other simulation programs. See
> www.gard.com/ml/bldg-sim.htm for information on joining this email
list.

> Thanks!
>

> The EnergyPlus Team

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM