RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] window surface temperature

The window absorbs some solar energy and is losing it both directions, but at slightly different rates.   The inside of the window is radiating to the other inside surfaces (which are hot).  Also, the surface convection film coefficients are probably lower on the inside than the outside.

-----Original Message-----
From: pizzaalan [mailto:pizzaalan@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 3:59 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] window surface temperature

There is a problem I don't understand. I let E+ report all the
surface temperatures. I found that in summer condition,  the
exterior wall inside temperature (35.29 C) is much lower than wall
outside temperature (53 C ). This makes sense since the wall is
exposed to sun. However,the window inside temperature (32.8 C) is a
little bit higher than window outside temperature (32.6). How could
this be possible? The window is also exposed to sun, should have a
higher temperature. That is just a single pane window which
definately on that exterior wall.

Firstly I doubt that my input might be wrong, but I tried those
example files and reported surface temperatures. It is same. So
anyone knows why it is, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Alan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

 <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129e51m8q/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1084917585/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com> click here
  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=661343542>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: