Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Crash Suddenly

In EP-Launch, under the View menu, please turn on "Pause During Simulation".
When the first pause occurs, please take a screen shot of the DOS window and
send it to me.

Also, in the main EnergyPlus folder on each machine, there should be a file
called Install.log  Please mark these as good and bad and send them both to me.

Please send the files to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx since the yahoo list does
not accept attachments.

Mike

On 18 May 2004, at 9:59, ALI AL-AJMI wrote:

> Thanks Linda
> Yes i used the EP-Lanuch in both cases. The crash happened after it runns and
> seems to finsh.
>
> Ali
>
> Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ali
>
> Can you describe it a bit more?
>
> Are you using EP-Launch in both cases? When does the crash happen and what are
> the messages that come out?
>
> It sounds a little like something on the office machine has trashed some
> part of the EnergyPlus install files -- i.e. overwritten one of the dlls
> that EP-Launch uses with an older one. EnergyPlus does not require any
> system dlls or other libraries so it's unlikely it's happening with the
> straight EnergyPlus run unless something has severely compromised the
> memory on your office desktop.
>
> Tell us a little more and we can try to help. Or you could reinstall
> V1.1.1 on your office desktop (into the same folder). That may set things
> back to working.
>

> Linda
>
> EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
> Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list