[EnergyPlus_Support] weather converter

Hi,
I have been trying to do something fairly simple but without success
and am now at the end of my tether.
As you all now, weather data is one important input in EPlus.
I am trying to convert a file generated by meteonorm and saved as
TMY2, as an epw file through the weather converter utility but keep
getting errors such as:
 Error (  64 {  40}) [Input conversion error] found while Reading
TMY2 file=c:\msc\thesis\meteonorm\londhourtmy2.dat
 Severe ** Error after processing            0  days
So not very helpful...
Do i need to edit the file and add some info?
This is depressing, as i want to test more weather data sets, i.e.
some climate change data sets that I battled hard to get...
Someone MUST have tried that before surly...
Thanks for any suggestions/help/etc
A-S