From: Michael J. Witte [mailto:mjwitte@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: vendredi 23 juillet 2004 22:59
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Simple mechanical ventilation

May I ask why you do not want to use the VENTILATION object?

There is no simple HVAC component to do what you want.  The two easiest would
be a ENERGY RECOVERY VENTILATOR:STAND ALONE with the heat recovery
effectiveness set to zero, or a AIR CONDITIONER:WINDOW:CYCLING with a dx
cooling coil that is always scheduled off.

Mike

On 19 Jul 2004, at 13:03, Andy Tindale wrote:

> Can anyone advise me on the simplest way to specify mechanical (forced)
> ventilation, without using the VENTILATION object?
>
> I have looked at the 'unitary ventilator' and the 'window ac' objects and
> wondered which of these is easier bearing in mind I don't want to specify any
> plant, branches, heating and cooling coils etc.  I couldn't find any example
> files which used these objects without heating and cooling.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Andy Tindale

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder
in the Files area of the Support Web Site.