Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] reducing SHGC of Window5 file

My understanding is that you would need to alter all of the values of
transmittance at the various angles of incidence.  You could test this fairly
easily by reporting "Window System Solar Transmittance" and running a design
day.  If you have the inputs used to generate the original Window5 data, then a
better answer would be to re-run Window5 with the altered transmittance.

Mike

On 23 Aug 2004, at 18:02, Ian Doebber wrote:

> The inputoutput reference shows that can use a "dirt" factor that will reduce
> the normal incident solar and vissible transmittance of the outer window glass
> surface.  I am using a Window 5 input and am assuming that I can not incorporate
> this feature.  What I'm wondering is whether I can just go into the Window 5
> output file and reduce the window normal incidence solar and visible
> transmittance and the effect will be the same.  My other question is if I do
> reduce the transmittance values for the normal incidence, will the other angles
> of incidence be affected as well or do I have to reduce all these by the same
> value.
>
> Thanks
> Ian Doebber

> http://www.energyplus.gov