Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] upload edificioX.idf file

A major problem with this run is that all of the non-window surfaces are made
up of MATERIAL:REGULAR-R, so there is no thermal mass in this building.  This
can cause an unstable solution resulting in a temperature out of bounds error.
Use MATERIAL:REGULAR for all material types except very light insulation
layers.  This should solve the problem.

Mike

On 2 Sep 2004, at 14:05, Linda Lawrie wrote:

> You could send your weather file to me directly -- I don't think there is
> enough space to upload it to the files area.
>
> In this case, it appears that your weather environment is causing a problem.
>
> I also note that your floor (at least one) is upside down.  This can cause
> significant problems as well.
>
> I will also try a run in a significantly warmer climate that may be closer to
> Lisbon.
>
> At 01:25 PM 9/2/2004, Leila Henriques wrote:
>
> >My fatal error is
> >
> >  ** Warning ** Inside surface heat balance did not converge with Max Temp
> > Difference [C] =0.474 vs Max Allowed Temp Diff [C] =2.000E-003
> >    **   ~~~   ** occuring in simulation=ACR  LISBOA WMO#= at 01/22 16:10
> >    ** Severe  ** Temperature out of bounds (260.98) for surface=PISO
> > 04:ZN001 TECTO
> >    **   ~~~   ** occuring in simulation=ACR  LISBOA WMO#= at 01/22 16:20
> >    **   ~~~   ** A temperature out of bounds problem can be caused by
> > several things.  The user
> >    **   ~~~   ** should check the weather environment, the level of
> > internal gains with respect
> >    **   ~~~   ** to the zone, and the thermal properties of their
> > materials among other things.
> >    **  Fatal  ** EnergyPlus has exited due to the reason stated above
> >

> Linda
>
> EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
> Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
> Member: EnergyPlus Development Team