Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Fluxes and building size.

It appears that the walls are all facing inward instead of outward.  The
geometry rule specified is that the vertices are entered counterclockwise when
viewing the surface from the outside.  The facing angle of each surface can be
verified using Report, Surfaces, Details; (as suggested earlier).  The report
appears in the eio output file and is most easily read by pasting it into Excel
and separating on commas.

The facing direction of the walls can be fixed by reversing the order of the
vertices (1,2,3,4 --> 4,3,2,1).

Mike

On 7 Sep 2004, at 17:27, sope_obadeyi@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am encountering a problem with modelling a building in EnergyPlus. On
> studying the solar flux incident on the exterior walls of the building it
> appears that the highest values early in a day are on the west side, and
> the later in the day towards afternoon/evening the highest values are on
> the eastern side of the building. This is the opposite of what I would
> expect. I have checked the geometry carefully.
>
> Also , I find that the building volume calculated in EnergyPlus 157.52m3 is
> quite different from the value I have entered 125m3. The dimensions of the
> building are 10m by 5m by 2.5m. Upon simulating i find there is also an error
> saying the surface report had not been implemented?
>
> I upload my EnergyPlus input file named 1simnormal. I would be very
> grateful if someone can take a look at it.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Sope Obadeyi
>

> __
> IMPORTANT NOTICE:
> This email may be confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
> intended recipient only. Unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, distribution,
> or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
> offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
> sender.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links