Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] temperature, again!

I do not think the zone multipliers are the issue here.  The zone multiplier is
applied when reporting the internal gains and when passing the loads to the
HVAC system, but for a given zone's heat balance, the multiplier is not
applied.  If you change the zone multipliers to 1, you should get the same
temperature results.

What are you using for a floor in the 1-39 zones?  Is it connected to the
ground, perhaps with a warm ground temperature?  If you cannot resolve this,
please upload your input file to the files are of the yahoo group or send as a
zipped attachment to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx.

Mike

On 14 Sep 2004, at 9:00, beyangj wrote:

> Dear Mike,
>
> Thank you very much for your advice. I have checked the schedules
> for PEOPLE, LIGHTS and ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT, and there are no errors
> in them. The building in my model is a 40-story office building, and
> each floor is modeled as four perimeter zones, four interior zones
> and one core zone.The 39 floors from the 1st floor to 39th floor are
> modeled as 1 floor with a zone multiplier of 39 applied to each
> zone, and the top story is as 1 floor.In a simulation for the whole
> year, the temperature in the  controlled zones in summer is
> reasonable, but the  temperature in the same controlled zones is not
> reasonable. In winter, the temperature at nonworking hours is much
> higher than the outdoor dry bulb temperature.Because of the
> multiplier of 39, the internal heat gain is very large in each zone.
> I wonderd if the internal heat gain which should be for the 39 same
> zones is set as the internal heat gain in one zone in EnergyPlus. If
> so, how can I get the proper internal heat gain for each zone?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Stewart

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: