[EnergyPlus_Support] Getting humidification to work

I have uploaded a file called "base case" in the "Sam Roose" folder in which
there is a steam humidifier for humidification and a DX cooling coil for
dehumidification. Running this idf using a Wellington NZ weather file, I
find that the humidity varies between 40 and 90%, whereas the intention is
to keep it between 50 and 56%.  I also find that the humidifier only
registers a maximum of around 600W of power throughout the year, the
equivalent of the humidifier fan power (including stand-by).

Here's my question:
Is the rated humidifier power (21 kW in this case) registering anywhere, say
on a different meter from electricity? Is there a way to make the
humid/dehumid equipment meet it's demand?

At the moment I have set up a minimum humidity set point in the "gallery"
zone and a maximum humidity set point in an adjacent zone (in reaction to a
comment made by Michael J Witte on September 17th). I have also got by
without a humidistat in the past (in other words just using a set point
manager). Recently, a reheat set point manager has been added to the file in
order to make the exit temperature from the cooling coil variable. This has
made temperatures tighter, however this may be the reason I am now having
the humidity control problems.

Any suggestion on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Sam Roose
Energy Analyst
Energy Solutions Ltd.