[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heating:Electricity

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for your help. Yes, my input file is 2e3102 as
you mentioned before. I don't know which is the exact value of the
peak design cooling load, and I want to know which is the reasonable
value for the VAV "Zone Minimum Air Flow Fraction"  fields, could
you tell me? How can I set the the schedules for the reheat coils
and boiler and let them work properly?

Moreovr, I have some problems about the SimAirLoops: Maximum
iterations exceeded for VAV SYS 1. I just downloaded the newest
version of EnergyPlus (1.2.1) today and installed it. I run my input
file(2e3102) and the ERR output file gave warnings as follow:
  ** Warning ** Version in IDF="1.2.0" not the same as
expected="1.2.1"
   ** Warning ** Requested Sizing for Zone="CORE", Zone is not found
in the Controlled Zones List
   ** Warning ** Requested Sizing for Zone="RFCORE", Zone is not
found in the Controlled Zones List
   ** Severe  ** Deprecated Object -- Coil:Water:SimpleCooling.
Please use Coil:Water:Cooling.
In my model, the zones of CORE and RFCORE aren't served by the
systems, but it gave the warnings for requesting sizing for these
two zones, and is it necessary?
I changed the version for 1.2.1,and I substituted Coil:Water:Cooling
for Coil:Water:SimpleCooling, and the input file was run again, the
ERR output file gave warnings as follow:

   ** Warning ** SimAirLoops: Maximum iterations exceeded for VAV
SYS 1, at HONG KONG CHN IWEC DATA WMO#=450070, 01/10 08:17 - 08:18
   ** Warning ** SimAirLoops: Maximum iterations exceeded for VAV
SYS 1, at HONG KONG CHN IWEC DATA WMO#=450070, 01/10 08:18 - 08:19
   ** Warning ** SimAirLoops: Maximum iterations exceeded for VAV
SYS 1, at HONG KONG CHN IWEC DATA WMO#=450070, 01/10 09:34 - 09:36

 <snip>
   ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
loops, at HONG KONG CHN IWEC DATA WMO#=450070, 12/20 18:00 - 18:15
   ** Warning ** SimAirLoops: Exceeding max iterations
continues...2500
   ** Warning ** SimAirLoops: Exceeding max iterations
continues...2550

I don't know why this happened. Could you kindly help me?

Best Regards,

Stewart

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> I am assuming this is the same input file that we were looking at
last month
> (2e3102.imf).  This mode is a VAV system serving 16 zones with hot
water reheat
> coils served by an electric boiler.  The VAV "Zone Minimum Air
Flow Fraction"