Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] about the minimum system air flow ratio

If humidity control is not an issue, you can use SET POINT MANAGER:WARMEST to
reset the supply air temperature.  This will reduce the amount of summer reheat
required but will also increase fan power.  Or you can schedule reheat coils
off for the summer and let the spaces overcool.

Mike

On 11 Nov 2004, at 10:54, Edward Lyon wrote:

> You may not have a simulation mistake.  A variable air volume system
> will use heat during summer cooling to avoid over cooling a space.  For
> instance, if your system discharges 50F air, but the cooling load only
> requires 60F air at the minimum flow volume, heat will be needed to
> maintain set point temperature.  Typically you will need a cold supply
> air temperature to lower the dew point of the ventilation air for
> humidity control.  Maintaining humidity control requires heating to
> avoid over cooling the space.
>
> Ned Lyon
>
> Senior Project Manager
> Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
>
> 41 Seyon Street
> Building #1, Suite 500
> Waltham, MA  02453
>
> Phone:  781-907-9000
> Fax:  781-907-9009

> Dear,
> In my simulation, the minimum system air flow ratio and the zone
> minimum air flow fraction were varied several times, and that
> affected the result of cooling energy slightly, but that affected
> the result of heating energy obviously.  I am wondering why there is
> some heating in the summer days, and the heating just occurs in the
> period the system is turned on. When the ratio and the fraction
> mentioned before are set smaller, the heating in the summer would
> also become smaller. As a matter of fact, there is no heating in the
> summer days, but there is always some heating in the summer days
> even the minimum system air flow ratio is set as 0.01. How can I get
> rid of this mistake? In addition,  I want to know how much these
> ratio values  affect the results. Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
>
> Stewart

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
> folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: