Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Temperatures setpoints - dual setpoint w/ deadband

For completeness, I am repeating my reply on both message threads . . .

The system appears to be running properly.  I ran the simulation for one week
in January and one week in July and the zone temperatures are always within the
range of heating setpoint to cooling setpoint.  The "Dual Setpoint with
Deaband" control option means that heating is provided up to the heating
setpoint, cooling is provided down to the cooling setpoint, or the zone
temperature is floating in the deadband between the two setpoints.  The
schedules in this input file specify heating setpoints of 21C (occupied) or 17C
(unoccupied) and cooling setpoints of 24C (occupied) or 28C (unoccupied).  This
type of control will automatically switch between heating and cooling as
needed.  (Hint:  To report the values of a schedule use "Report Variable, *,
Schedule Value, hourly;")

Mike

On 30 Nov 2004, at 18:13, cmsoliveira2004 wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> this post is, somewhat, the continuation of "Temperature error in
> eplus results".
>
> My question is, what factors may influence the setpoints i've defined?
>
> I've tried to do some tests changings some values, redefining
> schedules, new temperatures, etc, and every time i run the simulation
> the report "Zone/sys Air temp" is always the same, i.e, the zone
> temperatures are not what i've specified.
>
> Unless i misunderstanding the concept of dualsetpoints with deadband,i
> believe, it's used when i want 2 different temperatures in the same
> day (i.e, 21ºC when occupied and 17 when unoccupied - this is for
> winter, having other temperatures in the summer) - using a control
> type: 4.
>
> Don't know if it helps but i've got to warnigs after the simulation is
> done, which are the following:
>
> ** Warning ** Invalid Data Found on Weather Data File
> ************* Invalid Weather Codes, Number of items=   43
> ** Warning ** Invalid Data Found on Weather Data File
> ************* Invalid Weather Codes, Number of items=    6
>
> The weather file i'm using is for Lisbon.
>
> The simulation i'm doing is for a validation test of energyplus, but
> without having this problem sorted out, i'm stuck...unless that's the
> program normal behaviour (which i doubt it).
>
> I've uploaded the file projecto 16.zip, in case it's necessary.
>
> Any help would be apprecciated.
>
> Thnx for reading

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: