Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] zone load calculation?

In order to determine heating and cooling loads in EnergyPlus, you need to
specify temperature controls and some type of HVAC system.  The simplest system
is "purchased air" which is an infinite supply of hot and cold air.  This can
be used to calculate loads without specifying a full HVAC system.  There is a
sample file called "PurchAir.idf" in the EnergyPlus\ExampleFiles folder which
will show you the objects required.

However, it is critical that users understand the limitations of the PURCHASED
AIR model.  The description of the model and its outputs beings on p. 520 of
the Input Output Reference (pdf p. 548, version 1.2.0).

Mike

On 2 Dec 2004, at 12:17, hbn_pch wrote:

> Dear,
>   I meet a new problem.For a long time,i calculate zone load with the
> sum of the Zone-Total Internal Radiant Heat Gain,Zone-Total Internal
> Convective Heat Gain,Zone-Total Internal Visible Heat Gain,Zone-Total
> Internal Latent Gain and Zone-Total Internal Radiant Heat
> Gain.Today,i found these values are just the internal load,such as
> people,lights and equipments(Is it right?).
>   Then a problem come in,how can i calculate the zone load?In other
> words,what report variables should i add in the report variable
> object to calculate the zone load???
>   Another problem,in the .eio<Zone Sizing Information>,the cooling
> and heating load is the load in the design day(Is it right?).Are
> these two load values calculated in the worst condition?Are they
> biggest?
>   I'am a newbie in this field,appreciated to your kind help.Thanks
>
>   pch

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links