Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] comis : windows vertices

The "Base does not surround subsurface" is coming from the main EnergyPlus
and not because they are COMIS openings.  This usually means you have
overlapped the window with the base surface OR possibly that you have the
incorrect starting corner or direction (CW vs CCW) in specifying the
surface or window vertices.

I'm not sure what the COMIS Error is -- there should be some accompanying
message to say what it is complaining about.
>>If I use 3 vertices windows still COMIS complain but do not make
>>reference to those openings I just get :
>>AN ERROR IS REPORTED (Comis)  ventilation OUTPUT IS LIKELY TO BE WRONG

Which EnergyPlus version are you using?

You may wish to upload your input file or send it to us for further detection.

At 02:42 AM 12/22/2004, ingdallolio wrote:
>My walls upper rentilation openings on the est and west walls are
>parallel to the roof slope, if I keep the openings rectangular  COMIS
>do not like that I get an error message:

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team