Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] window heat loss and gain

Radiant system will impact window heat loss/gain primarily by altering the
inside surface temperature due to radiant exchange with the warm/cool radiant
surface.  Report the inside and outside surface temperatures for both cases.
Are you comparing the total gain/loss for a whole year, design day, or a
particular hour?

Mike

On 4 Jan 2005, at 18:55, pizzaalan wrote:

> I have a question on window heat loss & gain for different systems.
> I checked the two example files, ¡°VAVSingleDuctReheatBaseboard¡±
> and ¡°RadLoTempCFloHeatCool¡±. I found that both the window heat
> loss and gain of the Radiant system are 10 times higher than that of
> the VAV system, although the building construction and location are
> same.  This could be only due to net IR heat flow to the zone from
> the glazing, is it right?  I also simulated a building using those
> two systems; I found that the window heat loss and gain of my
> Radiant system are 100 times higher than that of my VAV system,
> which is obviously wrong.  Is there anyway to check how Energy+
> calculates the window heat loss and gain? What input parameter could
> affect the calculation of the window heat loss and gain?

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx