Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ** Fatal ** Pond has been frozen for 30 consecutive hours. Program terminates

Thank you, Mike, I'll modify my idf file for the two input errors,  I hope there is a workaround for the pond, otherwise, I have to split the idf file into two, one for summer, use pond condenser, one for winterm, use solar heat source.
He Tao

"Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
It appears that the pond model will not work in a climate where the pond will
freeze.  I am checking with the model developer to be sure of this or to see if
there is a workaround.

A couple of other comments regarding this input file.

1.  The HVAC systems do not draw properly in HVAC Diagram.  The first reason
for this is the way in which the exhaust fans have been described, they are on
BRANCHes and are connected through ZONE MIXERS.  Zone exhaust fans should be
directly connected to a zone exhaust and listed in the ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST.
See ExampleFiles\TermReheatZoneExh.idf for an example.

2.  The zones are served by DIRECT AIR with fixed supply air temperature
setpoints.  This system cannot adjust the amount of heating/cooling delivered
to the zone to control the zone temperature.

Mike

On 7 Jan 2005, at 10:02, iaccabr wrote:

> Dear all,
> I want to simualate a little more complex system,
> 1, In Summer, I use a pond as a condenser for a
> heatpump:watertowater cooling.
> 2, In Winter, use a solar collect system as a heat source for a
> heatpump:watertowater Heating.
> 3, for the zones, use three ahu to supply direct air.
> 4, I have added some Schedules and system availability managers to
> contol the plant loop and  condenser loop to act as I wanted. but
> when i simaulate it for a whole year, I encounter a fatal error like
> this:
>    ** Warning ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    **   ~~~   ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    ** Warning ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    **   ~~~   ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    ** Warning ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    **   ~~~   ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    ** Warning ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    **   ~~~   ** Pond is frozen; Pond model not valid
>    **  Fatal  ** Pond has been frozen for 30 consecutive hours.
> Program terminates.
> I think I have switched off the cooling plant and condenser loops,
> although Pond is frozen, hot water plant loop should be available.
> why does it happend ? I will upload my idf files.
> Thank you.
> HeTao

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: