Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather file Convert

Your description of these *.dat weather files sound similar to the weather
files that Dr. ZHANG Qingyuan and I developed for 30 stations in China in
2002, which we also called  *.dat.  Did you upload a sample file to the
EnergyPlus Web site ?  It would be nice to see if we're talking about the
same thing.  The *.dat files that Dr. ZHANG and I developed has the
following variables that are listed at the ends of the files:

     |    |      |     |     |   |      |     |     |      |     |     |
|     |     |     |   |      |
     |  Year   Month  Day   Hour |      |     |     |      |     |     |
|     |     |     |   |      cos(Z)
   Station                       |      |     |     |      |     |     |
|     |     |     | Atmospheric pressure(Pa)
                                 |      |     |     |      |     |     |
|     |     |    Clound cover
                                 |      |     |     |      |     |     |
|     |    Wind speed(*0.1)
                                 |      |     |     |      |     |     |
|   Wind direction
                                 |      |     |     |      |     |     |
Diffuse solar radiation(W/m2)
                                 |      |     |     |      |     |  Direct
solar radiation(W/m2)
                                 |      |     |     |      |  Total solar
radiation(w/m2)
                                 |      |     |     |  Relative humidity(%)
                                 |      |     | Absolute Humidity(*0.1g/kg')
                                 |      |  Dew point(K)
                                 |      Dry bulb(K)
                        Real local solar time

I have not put those files on the EnergyPlus weather site, because I never
got around to translating the file format to *.epw.  If Linda has now added
a custom format option to the Weather converter,  that problem would vanish
as if by magic!

Joe