[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Weather file Convert

Dear Joe,
  The weather file i used is just what you and Dr. ZHANG Qingyuan
developed,ah.I've read the book that you and Dr. ZHANG Qingyuan have
wrote about Typical Meteorological Database for Building in China.It
is so useful for our building design.Now i'm studying and using
Energyplus to simulate the building and  do energy analysis.But i
found that the weather data format you and Dr. ZHANG Qingyuan
developed can't match the Energyplus weather data format.So i want to
find a way to convert it.
  I thought *.dat file is SAMSON Data file,but find that *.dat file
you developed is a custom format.I want to find an approach to
convert the format.
  Thanks.

  pch

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Huang" <yjhuang@l...>
wrote:
> Your description of these *.dat weather files sound similar to the
weather
> files that Dr. ZHANG Qingyuan and I developed for 30 stations in
China in
> 2002, which we also called  *.dat.  Did you upload a sample file to
the
> EnergyPlus Web site ?  It would be nice to see if we're talking
about the
> same thing.  The *.dat files that Dr. ZHANG and I developed has the
> following variables that are listed at the ends of the files:
>
>      |    |      |     |     |   |      |     |     |      |
|     |
> |     |     |     |   |      |
>      |  Year   Month  Day   Hour |      |     |     |      |
|     |
> |     |     |     |   |      cos(Z)
>    Station                       |      |     |     |      |
|     |
> |     |     |     | Atmospheric pressure(Pa)
>                                  |      |     |     |      |
|     |
> |     |     |    Clound cover
>                                  |      |     |     |      |
|     |
> |     |    Wind speed(*0.1)
>                                  |      |     |     |      |
|     |
> |   Wind direction
>                                  |      |     |     |      |
|     |
> Diffuse solar radiation(W/m2)
>                                  |      |     |     |      |     |
Direct
> solar radiation(W/m2)
>                                  |      |     |     |      |  Total
solar
> radiation(w/m2)
>                                  |      |     |     |  Relative
humidity(%)
>                                  |      |     | Absolute Humidity
(*0.1g/kg')
>                                  |      |  Dew point(K)
>                                  |      Dry bulb(K)
>                         Real local solar time
>
> I have not put those files on the EnergyPlus weather site, because
I never
> got around to translating the file format to *.epw.  If Linda has
now added
> a custom format option to the Weather converter,  that problem
would vanish
> as if by magic!
>
> Joe

converted,how