Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Exhaust/ outside air heat recovery

HEAT EXCHANGER:AIR TO AIR:FLAT PLATE or HEAT EXCHANGER:AIR TO AIR:GENERIC can
be used for this purpose.  Example files with similar applications are
DXSysWithHR.idf, TermRhGenericOAHeatRecMinExh.idf,
TermRhGenericOAHeatRecPreheat.idf, and TermRhOAHeatRec.idf.

Mike

On 28 Jan 2005, at 17:20, Sam Roose wrote:

> I would like to simulate an exhaust/outside air heat recovery system as
> described in a 1981 DOE 2 Systems and Plant Reference (this has been placed in
> Problem Submittals/Sam Roose as a schematic). I have most of the system running
> as a simulation, minus the return/exhaust fans and the humidifier (which won't
> be simulated) and the heat recovery coils before exhaust air and after outside
> air intake, which still need to be.
>
> I have looked at energy recovery ventilation, but this seems to be a system
> which is independent of the main air loop. I have also used a heat exchanger
> assisted cooling coil for another part of this simulation, and am not sure if I
> can rework this method to simulate the outside air/ exhaust air coils. Is there
> an example file or device which tackles this issue? I look forward to your
> response.
>
> Sam Roose
> Energy Solutions Ltd.

> http://www.energyplus.gov