[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Solar Heating System

Thanks a lot Mike, for both this one and the one about the equipmen
in series error message. It looks like now I managed to run with the
two equipments in series, I have uploaded the file few days ago, but
I'll try the parallel too, to see if things change. Thanks Again.
Andrea.

 --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> The current water heater model can be a bit difficult to work
with.  I would
> suggest putting the boiler in parallel with the water heater rather
than in
> series.  I know the real system would put them in series, but for
the
> simulation the energy use should be equivalent.  This way the mass
flow does
> not have to be the same in both components which may be why you are
having
> trouble with them.
>
> Sorry about the slow response.
>
> Mike
>

> On 3 Feb 2005, at 12:35, ingdallolio wrote:
>

> > I'm modeling a solar collector heating system with low
temperature
> > radiant floor.
> > I'm using a water heater object to exchange heat from the
collector
> > loop to the radiant floor water loop. I'd like to run with both
solar
> > energy and gas (as backup energy source). The gas burner should
start
> > when the temperature on the second loop ( radiant floor ) goes
below
> > 30C. If I set the water heater set point to 30C the temperature
> > inside the water heater tank ( collector loop) does not go above
> > 30C !. I'd like the water heater storage temperature to go as
high as
> > possible, in order to storage as much solar energy as possible. I
was
> > thinking to use two heater ( a water heater and a boiler objects)
in