Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] newbie question

Do you have a postprocessor command file <filename>.rvi?  If so, this acts as a
filter on report variables when the csv output file is generated.  You must add
"Mean Air Temperature" to the rvi file or just delete it and all variables
requested in the idf will flow through to the csv output.

Mike

On 8 Mar 2005, at 2:42, masterharper7172 wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Apologies in advance for what I hope is a simple question...
>
> I am using EnergyPlus 1.2.1 on a simple single-zone building.  No
> ventilation or anything (yet).  The variable dictionary .rdd file
> lists:
> Zone,Average,Mean Air Temperature[C]
> Zone,Average,Mean Radiant Temperature[C]
>
> If I add Mean Radiant Temperature to my report variables, it shows up
> in my output just fine.  However, no matter how many times I try to
> get Mean Air Temperature (with different capitalization, etc.), it
> won't show up in the output!
>
> Here is the relevant part of my .idf file:
> Report Variable,
>     *,                       !- Key_Value
>     Mean Air Temperature,    !- Variable_Name
>     hourly;                  !- Reporting_Frequency
>
> If anyone can explain why I'm not getting this, I would really
> appreciate it.
>
> I'm assuming if Mean Air Temperature would actually report, it would
> be the temperature of my zone.  How does it differ from Mean Radiant
> Temperature?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> Scott

> http://www.energyplus.gov