[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: newbie question

Dear Mike,

I found that in order to get Mean Air Temperature to show up, I also
had to add a report variable for Zone/Sys Air Temp.  If I remove
Zone/Sys Air Temp, Mean Air Temperature will disappear.

Is this a bug or a feature?  :)

Thanks,
Scott

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> Do you have a postprocessor command file <filename>.rvi?  If so,
this acts as a
> filter on report variables when the csv output file is generated.
You must add
> "Mean Air Temperature" to the rvi file or just delete it and all
variables
> requested in the idf will flow through to the csv output.
>
> Mike
>

> On 8 Mar 2005, at 2:42, masterharper7172 wrote:
>

> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Apologies in advance for what I hope is a simple question...
> >
> > I am using EnergyPlus 1.2.1 on a simple single-zone building.  No
> > ventilation or anything (yet).  The variable dictionary .rdd file
> > lists:
> > Zone,Average,Mean Air Temperature[C]
> > Zone,Average,Mean Radiant Temperature[C]
> >
> > If I add Mean Radiant Temperature to my report variables, it
shows up
> > in my output just fine.  However, no matter how many times I try
> > get Mean Air Temperature (with different capitalization, etc.),
it
> > won't show up in the output!
> >
> > Here is the relevant part of my .idf file:
> > Report Variable,
> >     *,                       !- Key_Value
> >     Mean Air Temperature,    !- Variable_Name
> >     hourly;                  !- Reporting_Frequency
> >
> > If anyone can explain why I'm not getting this, I would really
> > appreciate it.
> >
> > I'm assuming if Mean Air Temperature would actually report, it
would
> > be the temperature of my zone.  How does it differ from Mean
Radiant